At The Neighbourhood Vet we can provide your pet with all the necessary documents they need to travel.
Please note: you should begin the process of acquiring a pet passport at least one month before you are due to leave.
There are a number of things your pet requires before they travel. These include:
- A microchip – for more information, please CLICK HERE
- A rabies vaccination – one injection from 12 weeks of age will protect your pet for up to 3 years
- A health assessment – one of our vets will thoroughly assess your companion ensuring they’re in great shape, up to date with parasite control and have no conditions they could pass on to other animals
- A health certificate – the vet will complete this (it is only needed for certain countries)
- Authorisation – a pet passport can be issued by a vet authorised by DEFRA once they are satisfied your pet meets all of the requirements to travel
For more information about DEFRA, you can visit their website HERE or call their helpline on 08702 411710.
It is extremely important you are aware of the diseases your pet is at risk of when they travel abroad. For that reason, we have provided some information on Travel Precautions.